- Sore nipples
- Low milk supply
- Engorgement and/or oversupply
- Flat or inverted nipples
- Babies born prematurely or early term
- Babies with difficulty latching
- Babies with tongue tie
- Very fussy or hard to soothe babies
- Babies who are overly sleepy
- Babies who are slow to gain weight
- Babies with jaundice
Oftentimes one problem will lead to another. A Board Certified Lactation Consultant can help you resolve problems before they snowball and possibly end your breastfeeding relationship before you or your baby are ready.
Usually the sooner you call for help, the easier it will be to start you and your baby on the road to a happy breastfeeding experience.